Law Firm Support - Civil Process Service
Why Choose Us?
- Inclusive Pricing. We don't only make personal attempts to serve, we also prepare for substitutional service due to uncooperative or evasive Respondents, which is common. While other companies use low teaser rates to draw in business only to turn around and charge fees for preparing an affidavit, making attempts, commissioning an affidavit, and filing the affidavit at the court house - all things that are required for the proper execution of service - we include these costs in our basic rates.
- No Credit Card Retainer Or Pre-Payment Required For Canadian Law Firms. With the exception of sole practitioners, law firms including LLP's and Professional Corporations are invoiced after the service attempts have been made and the affidavit is provided upon completion of the attempts. We simply ask that payment be processed with the same urgency that we effected attempts at service.
- Privacy. We never share your information with third party booking websites or apps and never do business with unnecessary third party services like Serve Now, Court Runner, and ServeMaster that collect and mine your data while adding additional steps to complicate the process and adding an unnecessary fee.
- Our Process Servers Are Our Employees. We don't subcontract like may other so called process service companies who simply act as a middleman working at a desk - for a fee of course - assigning your important legal documents to unvetted, unlicensed, and uninsured contractors which unnecessarily increases your costs and risk of liability as they may think this is a clever way of getting around OH&S requirements. Many firms have found out the hard way that using a contract process service company doesn't absolve them of liability when things go wrong. Why take the risk?
- Security Cleared. We only hire Process Servers who have at minimum a two year diploma in either legal studies, law enforcement, paralegal studies, or direct related experience and all of our employees have to maintain a clear Criminal Records Check as a condition of employment and undertake HFRG Threat Pattern Recognition training in accordance with part 27 s.391 of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code. Proper training is required for all subcontractors and employees working in positions where workplace violence is a hazard, no exceptions, no loop holes, and no cutting corners.
- Due Diligence. Our service attempts are documented by Body Camera as an added assurance that the documents have successfully been served, or attempts have been made, in addition to our sworn affidavits. (Currently available in Edmonton, Red Deer, Fort McMurray, and Calgary with province wide roll out by Summer 2021).
- Fully Insured: WCB, Commercial Liability, Failure to Perform, and E&O. No need to worry about OH&S claims or vicarious liability. Is your current process service company even insured to perform this type of work and are their subcontractors or employees equipped with a Personal Emergency Transmitter when working alone, as required by Part 27 s.392.2 of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code?
- Safety. Serving process is one of the most hazardous processes in the administration of justice. In Meads v. Meads 2012 ABQB 571, Justice Rooke recommends courts and businesses who deal with the public to take additional security measures to mitigate against increasing threats against Justice System Participants. Willful blindness, complacency, lack of preparation, over confidence, or simply ignorance of the risks have led to personal injury or worse, with law firms being named as defendants in OH&S and fatality claims with respect to Process Servers. Our Process Servers are clearly identified - for their safety and to ensure their lawful function is clear to the person being served - and are equipped with the appropriate PPE for the risks identified by our comprehensive OH&S hazard assessment. Check out our compilation of related process server and landlord/tenant dispute media reports here.
REGULAR PROCESS SERVICE + $0.54/local km Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Red Deer, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, and Grande Prairie Service Areas by a WCB and commercially insured Process Server (Up to 10 Business Days).
RUSH PROCESS SERVICE + $0.54/local km
Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Calgary, Lethbridge, Red Deer, and Grande Prairie Service Areas by a WCB and commercially insured Process Server
(Up to 3 Business Days).
INQUIRE FOR CURRENT AVAILABILITY IN YOUR AREA
Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo
$199.00 plus $0.54/local kms. Regular service in Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo including three attempts and commissioned affidavit, dependent on current scheduling. Additional Rush and Notary charges may apply.
Our Service Areas:
Acme Airdrie Alberta Beach Athabasca Anzac Barrhead Bashaw Beaverlodge Bentley Big Valley Black Diamond Blackfalds Bon Accord Bonnyville Bowden Boyle Brooks Bruderheim Calmar Calgary Camrose Castor Cardston Caroline Carstairs Chestermere Claresholm Clive Coaldale Cold Lake Coronation Conklin Crossfield Daysland Devon Didsbury Drayton Valley Drumheller Eckville Edmonton Edson Elk Point Fairview Falher Fort McLeod Fort McMurray
Fort McKay Fort Saskatchewan Fox Creek Gibbons Gleichen Grande Cache Grande Prairie Grassland Grimshaw Hanna Hardisty High Level High Prairie High River Hinton Innisfail Irricana Jasper Joffre Kananaskis Killam Lacombe Lac Ste. Anne Lac La Biche Lamont Langdon Legal Lethbridge Lloydminster Manning Maskwacis McLennan Maidstone Mayerthorpe Medicine Hat Milk River Millet Mundare Nanton Olds Okotooks Onoway Peace River Penhold Pincher Creek Ponoka Provost Rainbow Lake Redwater Red Deer Rimbey Rocky Mountain House Sedgewick Sexsmith Sherwood Park Slave Lake Smoky Lake Spirit River Spruce Grove St. Albert St. Paul Stettler Stony Plain Strathmore Sundre Swan Hills Sylvan Lake Taber Thorsby Tofield Trochu Two Hills Valleyview Vegreville Vermilion Viking Vulcan Wainwright Waskateneau Wandering River Wembley Westlock Wetaskiwin Whitecourt
LAW FIRMS: Please do not email us Limited Demographic Searches. The service address can be provided in the instruction letter or service memo.