Law Firm Support - Civil Process Service
Why Choose Us?
- Inclusive Pricing. We don't only make personal attempts to serve, we also prepare for substitutional service due to uncooperative or evasive Respondents, which is common. While other companies use low teaser rates to draw in business only to turn around and charge fees for preparing an affidavit, making attempts, and commissioning an affidavit - all things that are required for the proper execution of service - we include these costs in our basic rates.
- No Credit Card Retainer Or Pre-Payment Required For Canadian Law Firms. With the exception of sole practitioners, law firms including LLP's and Professional Corporations are invoiced after the service attempts have been made and the affidavit is provided upon completion of the attempts. We simply ask that payment be processed with the same urgency that we effected attempts at service.
- Privacy. We never share your information with third party booking websites or apps and never do business with unnecessary third party services like Serve Now, Court Runner, and ServeMaster that collect and mine court data while adding additional steps to complicate the process and adding an unnecessary fee.
- Our Process Servers Are Our Employees. We don't subcontract like may other so called process service companies who simply act as a middleman working at a desk - for a fee of course - assigning your important legal documents to unvetted, unlicensed, and uninsured contractors which unnecessarily increases your costs and risk of liability as they may think this is a clever way of getting around OH&S requirements. Many firms have found out the hard way that using a contract process service company doesn't absolve them of liability when things go wrong. Why take the risk?
- Security Cleared. We only hire Process Servers who have at minimum a two year diploma in either legal studies, law enforcement, paralegal studies, or direct related experience and all of our employees have to maintain a clear Criminal Records Check as a condition of employment and undertake HFRG Threat Pattern Recognition training in accordance with part 27 s.391 of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code. Proper training is required for all subcontractors and employees working in positions where workplace violence is a hazard, no exceptions, no loop holes, and no cutting corners.
- Due Diligence. Our service attempts are documented by Body Camera as an added assurance that the documents have successfully been served, or attempts have been made, in addition to our sworn affidavits.
- Fully Insured: WCB, Commercial Liability, Failure to Perform, and E&O. No need to worry about OH&S claims or vicarious liability. Is your current process service company even insured to perform this type of work and are their subcontractors or employees equipped with a Personal Emergency Transmitter when working alone, as required by Part 27 s.394(1) of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code?
- Safety. Serving process is one of the most hazardous processes in the administration of justice. In Meads v. Meads 2012 ABQB 571, Justice Rooke recommends courts who deal with the public to take additional security measures to mitigate against increasing threats against Justice System Participants. Willful blindness, complacency, lack of preparation, over confidence, or simply ignorance of the risks have led to personal injury or worse, with law firms being named as defendants in OH&S and fatality claims with respect to Process Servers. Our Process Servers are clearly identified - for their safety and to ensure their lawful function is clear to the person being served - and are equipped with the appropriate PPE for the risks identified by our comprehensive OH&S hazard assessment. Check out our compilation of related process server and landlord/tenant dispute media reports here.
REGULAR PROCESS SERVICE + $0.69/km Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, and Grande Prairie Service Areas by a WCB and commercially insured, and OH&S code compliant Process Server (Up to 10 Business Days).
RUSH PROCESS SERVICE + $0.69/km
Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Calgary, Red Deer, and Grande Prairie Service Areas by a WCB and commercially insured, and OH&S code compliant Process Server
(Up to 3 Business Days).
INQUIRE FOR CURRENT AVAILABILITY IN YOUR AREA
Call for Today's Pricing
IMMEDIATE PROCESS SERVICE + $0.69/km Edmonton, St. Albert, Red Deer, Sherwood Park, and Grande Prairie Service Areas by a WCB and commercially insured, and OH&S code compliant Process Server
(Next Business Day).
INQUIRE FOR CURRENT AVAILABILITY IN YOUR AREA
Lloydminster and Edson
$199.00 plus $0.69/local kms. Regular service in Lloydminster and Edson including two same day attempts and commissioned affidavit, dependent on current scheduling. Notary charges may apply. Process Service is executed by a Criminal Record Checked, WCB/Commercially Insured, and OH&S compliant Process Server with Body Cam.
Our Service Areas:
Please do not provide us with Limited Demographic Searches.
Terms and Conditions
Process Servers are Peace Officers, Public Officers, and Justice System Participants as defined under s. 2(c) and s.117.07 (2) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
Process Servers provide an Essential Service as defined under s.95.1(b) of the Alberta Labour Relations Code.
A valid, confirmed address is required in order for us to serve documents at our advertised rates and we need to be notified in advance if the address is unverified. We will not perform free locate work when provided with an incorrect address by a client. If you require a locate, we offer licenced Investigative Services for that purpose.
We do not provide services to third party process service companies or collection agencies. Clients should call us directly in order to take advantage of our services and competitive rates.
If personal service is unsuccessful, we will prepare an affidavit of attempted service or an affidavit in support of substitutional service. It is the clients responsibility to apply for a substitutional service order after the affidavit of attempted service is filed.
Clients must ensure that we are provided with the correct documents and instructions pertaining to the court action. Charges will apply if we have to re-do affidavits or re-serve due to incorrectly filed or missing documentation or incomplete/incorrect instructions for service.
It is the clients responsibility to ensure all documentation is correctly prepared in accordance with applicable court procedure and North Central Process Service will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, or misrepresentations intentionally or unintentionally made on the part of the client.
In order to prevent payment fraud, payment by cheque is only available to limited liability partnerships (LLP's), professional corporations, or government agencies. All other clients including sole practitioners and paralegals must process payment prior to us making any attempts at personal service.
Payment is due upon invoice and we offer multiple same day payment options to expedite the receipt of your affidavits including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, SWIFT, EFT, Direct Deposit, and Interac® E-Transfer through your bank.
Large print jobs over 25 pages are billed @ $0.25/pg.
Commissioning of the affidavit is inclusive. Notarization of the affidavit is available starting at $45.00 upon request if your jurisdiction requires it.
Affidavits are sent by post unless a client specifically requests tracked courier. There is no way for us to track the affidavit once it is mailed, please contact Canada Post if you have not received the affidavit.