Civil Process Service
Why Choose Us?
- Inclusive Pricing. We don't only make personal attempts to serve, we also prepare for substitutional service due to uncooperative or evasive Respondents, which is common. While other companies use low teaser rates to draw in business only to turn around and charge fees for preparing an affidavit, making attempts, commissioning an affidavit, and filing the affidavit at the court house - all things that are required for the proper execution of service - we include these costs in our basic rates.
- Our Process Servers Are Our Employees. We don't subcontract like may other so called process server companies who simply act as a middleman working at a desk - for a fee of course - assigning your important legal documents to unvetted, unlicensed, and uninsured contractors which unnecessarily increases your costs and risk of liability. Many firms have found out the hard way that using a contract process service company doesn't absolve them of liability when things go wrong. Why take the risk?
- Security Cleared. We only hire Process Servers who have at minimum a two year diploma in either legal studies, law enforcement, paralegal studies, or direct related experience and all of our employees have to maintain a clear Criminal Records Check as a condition of employment.
- Due Diligence. Our service attempts are documented by Body Camera as an added assurance that the documents have successfully been served, or attempts have been made, in addition to our sworn affidavits. (Currently available in Edmonton, Red Deer, and Calgary with province wide roll out by Summer 2021).
- Fully Insured: WCB, Commercial Liability, Failure to Perform, and E&O. No need to worry about OH&S claims or vicarious liability. Is your current Process Server properly insured to perform this type of work?
- Safety. The execution of personal service is one of the most hazardous processes in the administration of justice. Willful blindness, complacency, lack of preparation, over confidence, or simply ignorance of the risks have led to personal injury or worse, with law firms being named as defendants in OH&S and fatality claims with respect to Process Servers. Our Process Servers are clearly identified - for their safety and to ensure their lawful function is clear to the person being served - and are equipped with the appropriate PPE for the risks identified by our comprehensive OH&S hazard assessment.
REGULAR PROCESS SERVICE + $0.54/local km Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Red Deer, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, and Grande Prairie Service Areas by a WCB and commercially insured Process Server (Up to 10 Business Days).
RUSH PROCESS SERVICE + $0.54/local km
Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Calgary, Lethbridge, Red Deer, and Grande Prairie Service Areas by a WCB and commercially insured Process Server
(Up to 3 Business Days).
INQUIRE FOR CURRENT AVAILABILITY IN YOUR AREA
*Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo
There is a $50.00 Surcharge, per service address, for regular services in the Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo service area.
Our Service Areas:
Acme Airdrie Alberta Beach Athabasca Anzac Barrhead Bashaw Beaverlodge Bentley Big Valley Black Diamond Blackfalds Bon Accord Bonnyville Bowden Boyle Brooks Bruderheim Calmar Calgary Camrose Castor Cardston Caroline Carstairs Chestermere Claresholm Clive Coaldale Cold Lake Coronation Conklin Crossfield Daysland Devon Didsbury Drayton Valley Drumheller Eckville Edmonton Edson Elk Point Fairview Falher Fort McLeod Fort McMurray
Fort McKay Fort Saskatchewan Fox Creek Gibbons Gleichen Grande Cache Grande Prairie Grassland Grimshaw Hanna Hardisty High Level High Prairie High River Hinton Innisfail Irricana Jasper Joffre Kananaskis Killam Lacombe Lac Ste. Anne Lac La Biche Lamont Langdon Legal Lethbridge Lloydminster Manning Maskwacis McLennan Maidstone Mayerthorpe Medicine Hat Milk River Millet Mundare Nanton Olds Okotooks Onoway Peace River Penhold Pincher Creek Ponoka Provost Rainbow Lake Redwater Red Deer Rimbey Rocky Mountain House Sedgewick Sexsmith Sherwood Park Slave Lake Smoky Lake Spirit River Spruce Grove St. Albert St. Paul Stettler Stony Plain Strathmore Sundre Swan Hills Sylvan Lake Taber Thorsby Tofield Trochu Two Hills Valleyview Vegreville Vermilion Viking Vulcan Wainwright Waskateneau Wandering River Wembley Westlock Wetaskiwin Whitecourt
LAW FIRMS: Please do not email us Limited Demographic Searches. The service address can be provided in the instruction letter or service memo.
Substitutional Service of Documents by Social Media or Email.
North Central Process Service has been preparing affidavits in support of substitutional service by social media and email and serving Defendants for major law firms online by email and social media since 2014 and our Lead Investigator has been using metadata to determine geographic location since 2009 under contract to Revenue Canada Agency as a Civil Enforcement Bailiff. Substitutional service on a party by social media or email is only granted after a judge has been satisfied that reasonable attempts to personally serve have been exhausted and the persons whereabouts can not be determined - there is a lengthy procedural process to get to that point - don't fall for misleading gimmicks minimizing the amount of work and cost involved to get to that point - and you, the filing party, will need to obtain the order from a Provincial Court Judge or a Master in Chambers to allow the Process Server to proceed with the service. All social media companies and webmail service providers including but not limited to Google, Yahoo, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook strip all location data from EXIF (photos) and email and any IP data that can be obtained will only provide rough geographic data - not an address - which you need to serve your documents.
Violation Tickets, Emergency Protection Orders, Restraining Orders, and Criminal Subpoenas.
In Meads v. Meads 2012 ABQB 571, Justice Rooke recommends courts and businesses who deal with the public to take additional security measures to mitigate against increasing threats against Justice System Participants. As Peace Officers and Public Officers as defined by legislation in the Criminal Code, our Process Servers are able to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including Body Armour, Animal Repellent, Collapsible Batons, and any other equipment deemed necessary based on the threat level associated with the service of civil process at private residences, businesses, and rural and urban properties in order to ensure that process goes as safely as possible for everyone involved. We document the service of civil process through Body Worn and Dash Cameras that date/time/GPS location stamp the video of the service or attempted service and any incidents that may arise, and unlike many of our competitors, our Process Servers only wear professional business casual attire to ensure that your firm is positively represented and we are fully insured for Commercial Liability, Failure to Perform, and Injury (WCB).
Our experience is second to none in this profession and we have successfully served hundreds of high risk individuals without major incident or lost time injury to date.
Please Note: If you are a Defendant who has been served with an EPO or a Restraining Order and you need filed documents served on the Filing Party, we are only able to serve at the address the Filing Party has provided to the court.
Process Server News Report